Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Button, Button... And Doublet+Skirt pics



Which to use? These are all buttons that I thought looked good (of course, one has to be upside-down, what else?), although I think I'm leaning toward the left- or right-hand buttons. These are for the black corduroy Erik Sture doublet. What do you think?


I've finally gotten the doublet skirt attached!! To reduce bulk in the waist seam, I stiched the outer layers (corduroy and interlining) into one seam, pressing the seam allowance down. Then I hand-tacked the linen lining of the skirt, handsewing the body lining down after, with the seam allowance facing up. Below is a picture (see the rainbow? It's real, I promise).



And now, more pictures (because I love pictures) of the doublet, now with the skirt attached! In the picture of the side you can see a big ripple in the back of the doublet - this is because Tom's waist is long, and Matilda's is short. It actually is a bit short on Tom... Hah, and Matilda looks like she's falling over!




No comments: