Saturday, November 18, 2006

Paper Effigies...



I finished scaling up the doublet pieces for Erik Sture's doublet (which Tom will wear as Buckingham). And after scaling up, I decided to make sure all the pattern pieces matched up with each other. I doubled the size of the original pattern on the photocopier, taped the doublet pieces together, and stuffed the result with fabric scraps (which will eventually end their lives as the stuffing in a 1790s bumroll. Eventually ;-).


'


I discovered a few potential problems. The collar acts funny in the back. I was afraid of this. The collar is very high, and the back neck piece curves quite a bit; I think I'll have to try this out in fabric to see exactly what it'll do. Other things to adjust are, the curving front (which will have to be significantly flattened) and the back doublet skirt (which slants in instead of out). The back might need a bit of adjustment across the shoulders, but I'm not sure of that.

2 comments:

Beth said...

That is just too cute. A wee little doublet.

Julebug said...

Hehe, I know this is an older post now, but that doublet is so adorable I couldn't resist commenting! Awwwww! *attempts to pinch doublet's cheeks but notices it has none*