Friday, November 24, 2006

Erik Sture fabric


I had to go buy it. I couldn't help myself, what can I say? Well, there was a sale at the fabric store too. I'm justified.

I've chosen black corduroy (I LOVE corduroy!) for the body of the doublet and pluderhosen, with a shiny pink/burgundy polyester taffeta for the general poufiness. The taffeta turned out to be a little more pink than I had hoped, but Tom saw it when I bought it and likes it, so I'm good. It's a more manly pink than some pinks, anyway. The lining will be either tan or black linen.


I've got an Idea!! It was inspired by all the pretty colours of shot taffeta that were at the store. What I want to do is make the 'poufs' (I really need a better name for them...) removeable. Then I could have them in many pretty shiny colours, and could change them when I wanted. Perk: this would also assist in the washing of the pluderhosen. Yes. I think this is what I shall do. Only problem is that with Erik Sture's pluderhosen, there are these funny waist panes/poufs. But I've been pondering this and I think may have an idea as to how to still make them removable. Perhaps eventually I shall draw a picture of my Idea, but I think I have to try it out first. ;-)

1 comment:

mx22289 said...

Its a rose color and yes its a manly pi( stops ) .... er color i like how you try to hide the fact that you used polyesterby using smaller font

Tom